RCMP Alberta – The Edson Integrated Traffic Unit (ITU) focused enforcement efforts on aggressive driving behaviours last week in the Jasper Detachment area.
Between August 13, 2018 and August 17, 2018 patrols of the Jasper town site and Highway 93 from Highway 16 to the Columbia Icefields resulted in several charges being laid including:
- 294 speeding offences, 4 of which were 50 km/h over the posted limit
- 1 impaired driver
- 2 suspended drivers
- 8 speeding in construction zones
- 9 stop sign violations
- 35 occupant restraint offences
- 3 failing to yield to pedestrians
- 3 careless driving offences
Jasper RCMP and the Edson ITU will continue to be visible on area highways during the busy summer season.
The summer tourist season brings an increase in volume of traffic and pedestrians to the area. Motorists are advised to travel with due care and attention and obey posted speed limits.