The City is asking for the public’s help to keep our collectors safe by following these simple tips:
- Clean empty wine, juice and pop containers and seal them in bags, as wasps are attracted to sugar and alcohol.
- Pick up and dispose of all apples and overripe fruit from lawns.
- Ensure garbage and recycling bags are tied up and cans are covered with lids.
- Keep it light, each bag or filled can should be lighter than 20 kg or 44 lb.
- Keep waste storage area tidy and remove wasp nests as soon as they are discovered.
- Use wasp traps to keep wasps away from waste collection areas.